Monday 17 September 2012

Wow-Pro MoP Ready


Wow-Pro MoP Ready

I’ve had beta access to Mist of Pandaria for some time but have only dabbled in it from time to time. My son has played the beta far more than me and is really looking forward to Poki-wow, but that’s a whole other story, today I want to share my love for a particular addon.

When I first logged into the beta Macros didn’t work, so for me that made the whole experience a bit tedious. Addons at that time weren’t enabled either, so I was reliant on the ingame quest helper, which even with an upgrade, left a bad taste in my mouth.

Since my first dabble in MoP beta, Blizz have enabled the use of addons and macros ingame, thus permitting Authors of Addons to make the necessary changes to make them MoP ready.

 Last week I tried installing wow-pro on the beta with no joy, Sunday 16th I think, they made a version available with MoP quests enabled (v2.3.1A). I installed it and took it for a test drive on the beta last night.

The other addon that’s necessary to make this addon work is TomTom which provides a directional arrow to the relevant quest ingame. I usually drag the arrow to the top of my screen so it’s out of the way but still easily visable.

I completed about 60 quests in the beta with no dramas on my DK. The great thing about this addon is that it auto accepts and hands in quests when you have selected the correct quest giver.

It also gives you a summary box of what you have to do to complete the current quest and tracks how many “Boars hearts” for example, that you have in your inventory towards the total required.

BTW Blizz you really need to do something about the number of heartless boars running around Azeroth! I remember killing 20 Boars to collect 8 Hearts once……


I’m a happy camper now that I know this addon is MoP ready and will use it to great advantage when levelling the “Consortium Project” toons to bring hell and cause disdain in my fellow AH Goblins. Big shoutouts to all the contributors at wow-pro for all your hard work.

1 comment:

  1. BTW Blizz you really need to do something about the number of heartless boars running around Azeroth! I remember killing 20 Boars to collect 8 Hearts once……
    http://www.gw2.us/
    guild wars 2 gold

    ReplyDelete